In-Home Support Specialist
As an In-Home Support Specialist, you will provide services to individuals who either live independently or with their families. You will provide training, care, and supervision to individuals with a broad range of abilities and needs as designated by the individual and their support team. Those services may include: daily living routines and independent living skills (personal hygiene, money management, transportation training, domestic tasks, social skills, problem solving skills, etc.), community inclusion activities, recreation, and leisure interests. In-Home Support Specialists work in a variety of settings inside and outside the individual or family home and may travel regularly into the community. Access to a dependable vehicle that fits the transportation needs of the individual with proof of insurance is required.
- No experience or prior certifications required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older for all direct support positions.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license with a good driving record is required for most positions.
- Access to a dependable vehicle that fits the transportation needs of the consumer with proof of insurance is required.
- You must be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds as most of our individuals require assistance with transfers.
- You must be able to understand, speak, read, and write the English language.
- Because we provide services to vulnerable children and adults, Homeward Bound will only employ applicants who pass a criminal background check.