Direct Support Professional
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) at Homeward Bound, you will provide high quality, life-enriching services to the individuals we serve in a variety of settings. Homeward Bound embraces a Person-Centered atmosphere where you will support individuals to lead self-directed lives and be involved in their community. You will build relationships and learn to honor the choices of those we serve. Your responsibilities will include assisting individuals with developmental disabilities with daily living skills, medications, and community activities, while maintaining a clean, safe environment. Join our team, make a difference, and realize this is truly more than a job!
- No experience or prior certifications required. (Some positions require 1 or more years of full time experience.)
- You must be 18 years of age or older for all direct support positions.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license with a good driving record is required for most positions.
- You must be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds as most of our individuals require assistance with transfers.
- You must be able to understand, speak, read, and write the English language.
- Because we provide services to vulnerable children and adults, Homeward Bound will only employ applicants who pass a criminal background check.